On every camp, safety is paramount and your leader are trained to care for your kids throughout camp and make sure that they are making friends and having a good time.
- A minimum of two Senior First Aid Officers are on every camp.
- All recreational activities (such as abseiling or archery) are assessed for risk and run by qualified instructors.
- The leaders take all reasonable steps to ensure all campers wear appropriate clothing and sun protection for activities.
- Need to provide wholesome, nutritious food for campers (including most special dietary needs) to give your kids the energy they need for active, outdoor fun.
- Your camp is drug and alcohol free.
- With one leader for every five campers, you can provide unequaled care for your kids throughout the week.
- Aim to encourage campers and build up their confidence and so you do not tolerate bullying or anti-social behaviour.
- Camp parents attend camps for primary school aged children to provide extra emotional support for younger campers.
- You can encourage the development of your child’s body, mind and spirit. Each day interactive Bible talks and small group discussions with young adult Christian leaders help your child to explore faith and investigate the claims of the Bible.
(Adapted from CRU website Australia)