CHRISTIAN CAMP COMMUNITY IN MALAYSIA (CCCM)
The Christian Camp Community in Malaysia (CCCM) is made up of like-minded Christian camping leaders in Malaysia who seek to promote holistic camping ministry as a tool for advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Formed in mid-2016, it is an informal community that meets on a monthly basis to pull resources together for the purpose of sharing and serving. The community is associated with Christian Camping International (CCI), hence we adhere to the same Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith.
Its main role is purely to network Christian camping people. The CCCM is not a solution provider and holds no responsibility for the people who are part of the community or those listed in its list of resources. It welcomes like-minded people who wants to contribute in the spirit of sharing.
MISSION OF CHRISTIAN CAMPING INTERNATIONAL
The mission of Christian Camping International-Worldwide is to promote Christian camping throughout the world as a means of helping the Church fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
VISION OF CHRISTIAN CAMPING INTERNATIONAL
The vision of Christian Camping International-Worldwide is for Christian camping to be a highly effective and highly valued ministry tool throughout the world, supported by a growing alliance of internally strong, sustainable and growth-focused associations of Christian camps and camping leaders.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct; The triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, His bodily resurrection and His personal, visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory;
- The person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration and sanctification, who indwells every believer equipping them with gifts for service and witness;
- The necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ;
- The church as the one, universal body of Christ who is the Head, called to be God’s redeemed people.
OUR LOGO AND NAME
The logo of the Christian Camping International shows three people gathered around the campfire. The symbolism of the 3 people is in accordance with the Bible verse found in Matthew 18:20 (NIV) “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
The tent over the 3 people symbolizes camping ministry while the campfire symbolizes the warmth of fellowship as a body of Christ.
The words Christian Camping Community in Malaysia is derived from the idea of having a community of like-minded people together, who share a feeling of fellowship with others in Malaysia that use camping as a ministry tool.